Day 1 - Write Away

For my first post on this blog, I want to describe, briefly, what it is about.

I have decided to set up the blog for your children. Every day, or as much as I can, I will post something new for your children to do. In high school, I spent over 120 hours student teaching and then for two solid summers I was a nanny. So I do understand a little about what kids love and what they absolutely cannot stand (vegetables, homework, basically everything that's good for them). I want a way for kids to have fun learning, so I started this.

Every day I will post a fun fact, an activity or a creative way to try something new (or old!). Don't worry, this blog is always kid-friendly.

So, for the first day, I would like to start a whole new project. Maybe it's a little ambitious to jump right in, but we might as well. It is summer, after all....

Here's what you can do today:

Help your kids start an "all about me" book. Over the course of the next ten days, you and your kids and begin to create a book for them.

This will help them with:
  • Reading
  • Writing
  • Spelling
  • Vocabulary
  • Creativity
  • A little (or a lot) of art.

You will need:
  1. Two sheets of paper
  2. A pencil

On the first sheet of paper, ask you kids to start with the first page of their book. It can be titled: "(Their Name)'s Favorite Things." Then, have them create a list of their favorite things. Include everything, from animals to colors to foods to classes in school. Make sure they spell everything correctly.

On the second sheet of paper, they can draw pictures of everything they just listed.

When they are done, store both sheets in a place that you can keep safe. Tomorrow, they will have something else to do... so check back!

Comments

Popular Posts